Brought up in USA and Germany, Simone de Picciotto lived in Namibia for 8 years with her family. She returned to Germany in summer 2012 and now travels between the continents with the aim of connecting people over the continents through music and movement projects.
- Attended the Pädagogische Hochschule, Ludwigsburg, attaining a full teaching qualification (first and second level) with emphasis on primary and secondary education in the subjects: English, music, home economics/textile work (introductory course at the Seminar für Waldorfpädagogik, Stuttgart)
- One-year class-teacher training at the Seminar für Waldorfpädagogik with additional subjects: music and German as a foreign language.
- Training as School Mediator (Akademie Vaihingen Enz)
- 1986: one year of voluntary work in curative education at „Kfar Raphael“ in Beer Sheva, Israel
- 1992: 4 months in Chabarowsk, Russia, working as an English teacher at the Teacher Training College there, and as a musician with the independent theatre group, Triad
- 1996-97: Subject teacher the Kräherwald Waldorf School, teaching music, English, home economics
- 1997-2005: Acting head teacher at the Michaelshof-Ziegelhütte school.
- 2005-12: High School co-ordinator at the Waldorf School Windhoek, Namibia. Class guardian in the High School, subjects taught: history, English, biology, economic geography, music (choir leader), life-skills, drama
- 2006: Drumming Performances in connection with soccer World Cup took 25 students to Germany under auspices of UNESCO, Stuttgart
- 2010: Drumming performances and workshops in Cape Town with 20 students from Namibia
- 2011 Drumming Performance in Happy Beat – Musical with 25 students, in Collaboration with College of the Arts Namibia > Press
- 2012 Hit the Beat – Choir and Friends, Tour in Germany with 65 Namibian Students of Waldorf School Windhoek
- 2013 Hit the Beat – Let’s move it – Performing Arts Project, Windhoek, Namibia
- 2014 Hit the Beat – Let’s move it – Performing Arts Project, Windhoek, Namibia